I believe I identified those brown mushrooms I always have growing in my front yard and even in the barkdusts in spots.
- I did a spore print and the spores were brown as shown in the image below.
- When young, the cap was rolled under a bit.
- The caps were brown in color.
- Under the cap was a light yellow tinge and it looked as though the gills went down the stalk just a bit.
- The stalk bruised brown.
- The stalk can be slightly off center.
Pretty sure this is a Paxillus involutus. Also known by the name “Poison Pax”. And as the name eludes – this is quite poisonous.